Brighton to host Eco-Fair | Environment
The city of Brighton, in collaboration with the Anythink Library and the Brighton Armory, will host Eco-Fair from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25, at the Brighton Cultural Center, 300 Strong St.
The goal of this event is to bring Brighton and Adams County residents together to learn about the
state of the environment, energy conservation, alternative energy, and environmental resources.
Residents are encouraged to bring the following items to the fair for recycling:
• Old computers (they will be recycled and possibly refurbished for giveaways to schools).
CPU’s are recycled for free. There is a flat fee of $10 for monitors;
• Athletic shoes -no cleats (they will be processed for the Nike recycle program that provides
playground and track surfaces for low income areas);
• Printer cartridges;
• Toys - clean and in good condition (toy exchange at the fair);
• Eye glasses (will be donated to the Brighton Lions Club); and
• Cell phones (will be sent to the Cell Phones for Soldiers program).
In addition, this free event will feature “green” product information, environmental films/videos, art
displays, music, food, science, and fun activities for all ages.
For more information, visit www.brightonco.gov and click on “Community” and the “Festivals,
Concerts and Special Events,” or call 303-655-2176.
Upcoming Events near Commerce City - Brighton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- School bus carrying 60 students in crash with car on Arapahoe Rd.
- Aurora police on ‘puffer’ patrol, owners of unattended cars ticketed
- Aurora Police on ‘puffer’ patrol, posting tickets on unoccupied running cars
- Aurora residents must now separate recyclables
- Slain DPS teacher’s daughter arrested on suspicion of killing her
- Police warn residents in Montbello about a possible child predator
- King Soopers employee accused of using position to rob other stores
- Denver police investigate shooting near Sloans Lake
- Source: ‘Threat’ at East High could be related to teen’s murder
- Police arrest 3 in connection with murder of 13-year-old boy
- Police investigating possible threat at Thornton High School
- Man who tortured wife during road trip through Colorado sentenced
- Police look for man who stole woman’s service dog in Northglenn
- Suspects target single, elderly women for home invasions, thefts
- Thieves steal one German Shepherd, two Maltese puppies from store