Brighton to host Eco-Fair | Environment
The city of Brighton, in collaboration with the Anythink Library and the Brighton Armory, will host Eco-Fair from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25, at the Brighton Cultural Center, 300 Strong St.
The goal of this event is to bring Brighton and Adams County residents together to learn about the
state of the environment, energy conservation, alternative energy, and environmental resources.
Residents are encouraged to bring the following items to the fair for recycling:
• Old computers (they will be recycled and possibly refurbished for giveaways to schools).
CPU’s are recycled for free. There is a flat fee of $10 for monitors;
• Athletic shoes -no cleats (they will be processed for the Nike recycle program that provides
playground and track surfaces for low income areas);
• Printer cartridges;
• Toys - clean and in good condition (toy exchange at the fair);
• Eye glasses (will be donated to the Brighton Lions Club); and
• Cell phones (will be sent to the Cell Phones for Soldiers program).
In addition, this free event will feature “green” product information, environmental films/videos, art
displays, music, food, science, and fun activities for all ages.
For more information, visit www.brightonco.gov and click on “Community” and the “Festivals,
Concerts and Special Events,” or call 303-655-2176.